Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ah the good ol' days

So to honor my mood I changed my background.
It seems that everyone is starting school this time of year and for some reason, I'm missing out on the excitement! I kinda miss going to school. Don't get me wrong though - I'm keeping busy enough without it. I'm sure it'll feel like no time and I'll be getting my kids ready for that "big day," but right now summer is just blending into fall with no milestone event to mark the passage. Bummer... maybe I'll put a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils on my kitchen counter or something. (name that movie)
Hope y'alls new school year is going well so far. Enjoy it for me!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I totally hear you with the missing the milestones! Now that we are in AZ it seems that I don't even have the change of temp to let me know that life is changing to autumn. I kinda look forward to sending the kiddos to school one of these days.

The Pingel Family said...

I am glad to see someone shares my feelings! Everyone looks at me like I am crazy when I wander down the school supply aisle with longing in my eyes! I always loved getting ready for school! And I LOVE that you made that "You've Got Mail" reference. Well done!

The Taylors said...

I knew your movie reference, but someone beat me to it!

I love back-to-school time! I love going to office supply stores and buying new pens, 3-ring binders, dividers...ah! I love it! I'm such a nerd, but I love it! I just don't have anywhere to go where I need to use all the new school supplies. I guess just a couple more years till Sam goes to school. Weird.