Friday, November 14, 2008

TRAV'S BACK!!

Yeah - Travis got home from China on Sunday around 10:00am. After one cancelled flight, one night in a crummy Japanese airport hotel, and long hours waiting for flights in foreign airports he's finally home!
Okay, really he was only gone for 2 weeks and 3 days. It went by really fast and we were both really busy during that time. We've loved being back together though. Trav was pretty useless for a couple days - the time changes just killed him. He went to work each day and then slept much of the evenings. He's finally back to normal though. I think he was almost more excited to eat my cooking than to see me. He didn't enjoy authentic Chinese food.

Here are a few pics from his trip! He brought me home some carved jade souveniers and some amazing finger paintings! Search for "Chinese Finger Painting" on youtube.com! I've never seen anything like it!
P.S. Baby Oldham is the length of a banana this week - 10 inches from head to feet!
Trav rode a tram up the mountain overlooking Hong Kong.


Another picture overlooking Hong Kong! Trav says it's a beautiful city!


Travis found Aslan on the steps of a Chinese bank!




Here's a picture of the airplane he was working on over there.



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are gorgeous pictures, that is so awesome that he was able to go half way around the world! Wow, you two are busy and all established in your careers! It looks like you guys have great things in store for you!

Eric(a) said...

I am so jealous your husband got to go to China, I want to go there so bad! You look so cute pregnant! I got those quotes from googling them. Crazy what you can find on the internet. I have almost been married a year and a half, it's crazy how time flies. Someday we'll meet each other's spouses. It's has been a while.

Caley said...

I love the pictures! To answer your question, Thomas plans on being an actuary, someone who uses stats and math to figure out stuff for insurance companies...far above my head! :) Also, thanks for the compliment! You would love that website...its so much fun!
Hope all is well!

Nancy said...

I am so glad that Trav let me know about your blog! It has been forever since we got to catch up! Congrats on being pregnant. I love being pregnant too, it is so fun to feel them move inside!
I bet you love your afterschool job too, I would love to go back to doing that again someday.
Hey, if you are traveling through Boise on your way to the Burg, you should crash at our place for a bit.

Chris and Dani said...

Sherise, we must have similar tastes in blog backgrounds. I just changed my background and it was the same one that you just picked. But, don't worry, I changed it again. Our blogs don't match again. Hope you were able to go walking without me! :)

Becca said...

Sherise,
How fun to find your blog! It sounds like you are doing so great! Congratulations on becoming a mommy soon! Good luck with everything!
This is becca rammell, by the way. :)

Sage said...

So travis is back, christmas is coming, and you're pregnant. What's the problem - Can't think of anything to blog about!? heheh