Monday, May 18, 2009

Life as a Mom...Awww

So today is a typical Monday. Annalyn has been sleeping through the night again the last two days - we're hoping that will continue. She went to bed last night at about 10:30pm and woke up to eat at 6:00am!! Yeah! So I fed her for about 40 minutes and then it was into the stroller and off on a walk. I'm finally cleared by my doctor to exercise again, but I have to "start slow." I can't wait to get a running stroller and start some "real" exercise, but the walks have been nice and the weather is really nice here at 7:00am. After 7:30 or so it starts to get really warm though.
Anyway, Annalyn loves her stroller and just being outside! We got home and she played on her tummy for about 15 minutes and then went back to sleep for a couple hours. I tried to prepare my sunday school lesson for next week, but was only reading about 10 minutes and I fell asleep on the couch. Go figure - I'm getting a full night's sleep and I still end up taking a nap on the couch at 9:00am! Well, the nap was nice anyway, even if I woke up feeling lazy. Annalyn got up to eat shortly thereafter and then came to hang out with mom while I got ready for the day. She sits in her swing and watches while I sing and do my hair. Then we had more tummy time and played (meaning I gooed and made funny faces while she smiled some and just looked off in different directions because "mom's being wierd again ;-)
Now's she's back asleep so I'm taking advantage of the time to update our blog again and organize pictures. Being on the computer is really hard when she's awake. I'm not sure why, but she won't let me hold her and sit at the computer at the same time. Maybe she doesn't like the sound of the keys while I'm typing - or, more likely - she just doesn't like having my attention diverted from her. Whatever the case, computer time is reserved for nap time. She's starting to make her "waking-up" noises though so I don't have long.
I love being a mom!
Life's wonderful! Here are some more pics of our little princess!

I think this is my favorite picture of Annalyn so far! I caught her smiling (which she does all the time) I just finally had the camera at the right moment! So cute!

Trav's new pasttime!

Mom and Daughter! Relaxin' on the couch.


This is my favorite pic of her cubby legs! She's gained over 3 pounds since she was born!

Hanging out with mom and dad on the bed! Life is so hard ;-)

"Ready to go to church mom"

This is how she sleeps almost all the time - love the chubby
legs and the arms above her head!

My mother's day gift from Trav! Do you like the bow on top?
Trav says it's artwork (or just a scrap of wrapping paper). He bought me a kitchen radio/CD player to mount under the kitchen cabinets. I can plug my i-pod into it even! Love it!

Daddy-Daughter date again - just sleepin' (both arms up, it's the way we like it).

3 comments:

Nancy said...

You can never get too many pictures of chubby cute babies! Good work on getting back into the exersice routine.

The Pingel Family said...

I just have one thing to say--NEVER feel lazy for taking naps when your baby does. GET IT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!

Kathryn said...

Wow... she is so cute! I love her little smile and hello! You look great too. I need to get my babe... he's waking up, but my address is

11108 Chennault Beach Rd #212
Mukilteo WA
98275