Thursday, October 30, 2008

We're Seeing BLUE!

We had another ultrasound yesterday and the verdict was given...

It's A Boy!!

How exciting is that? I must say I was a little shocked, I was kinda expecting a girl for some reason, but hey, I'm happy to be wrong. Travis was plenty excited to receive the news over in China. He wrote right back talking about boy baby names. It's so fun to be able to connect a gender with the baby I've been carrying now for four + months!
Here's the ultrasound picture.

Personally I can't explain this one, but the nurse was pretty certain of her diagnosis so I guess we'll just trust her. Thank goodness she labeled it!

Here's a few other pics from the appointment yesterday too. Little Boy Oldham was moving around like you wouldn't believe. He flipped over from his stomach to his back right in the middle of the appointment and then several minutes later flipped back. He was waving at us and kicking a whole ton. I think I'm starting to feel those little movements. I can only notice them when I'm sitting pretty still or sometimes laying in bed. Being pregnant is soooo exciting!
Baby's profile! You can see the nose really well and the hand up next to the face!
This picture was soooo cool! He was giving us a "thumbs ups" sign!

Guess he's doing alright in there!


Hand and elbow picture - this one was so clear!!

Here's the knee and foot. We were able to see this one when he was flipped over on his tummy.

Last one: Here's the hand and elbow again, but his time you can see almost every bone - even the ribs and fingers!

5 comments:

The Pingel Family said...

Congrats!! Little boys are so fun! I am so excited for you. And you have lots of cute pictures already. It's so fun to see all their little parts like noses and stuff.

Nell and Jeff said...

Yippee!! Kaitlyn is excited for a new cousin to play with!!

Amanda said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you. Now you can start SHOPPING for cute stuff! Yay! (it's so wierd... EVERYONE, and I mean everyone, I know are having boys. I think there must be something in the water...)

Mackenzie said...

Congrats! Boys are great...if you want to practice, I'll send Nate over. :)

Anonymous said...

Congradulation on the boy. I'm so excited for you! I can kida actually see the gender I'm pretty sure she's right. I'm excited I love you!