Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bluebonnets and Little Girls!

So, I think we are officially TEXANS, because we finally went and took pictures in the bluebonnets! What a fun memory.
For those NON-TEXANS who don't understand this excitement, let me explain.
The bluebonnet is the state flower and blooms every spring ALL OVER THE PLACE. Mostly we see it on the side of the freeway and on the ditch banks, but I had heard that you can find big fields of them and they make adorable family and kid pictures. So last Saturday we decided to try our luck at finding a field.
Here's what we got...
"Mommy! I don't wanna sit in da bluebonnets"

JUST KIDDING! Annalyn was only like this about 1/2 of the time. I thought she'd love it and take off through the flowers because normally all she wants to do is go outside and sit and play in the dirt.

The flowers must have been too tall and itchy or something because she didn't want to sit in them or touch them at all.

Eventually after we held her a little and showed her how fun it is to pick the flowers, she mellowed out a bit and we got some decent (I think 'BEAUTIFUL') shots!

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Happy Spring from our family to yours!

Come visit next year and take pictures with us!

Love, Travis Sherise & Annalyn


Speaking of spring, it's BBQ time in Texas! Later that night, Trav cooked hamburgers on our little grill and we had smores!

Annalyn's 1st SMORE!
Okay, are you ready for my favorite picture of the whole post?

As we were finishing our Family night on the back patio, Annalyn walked over to the back door and sat down to watch daddy clean up....

IN HER MODEL POSE!

That's right folks, she sat like this and just chilled for a bit! I'm so glad I caught it on camera!
WHAT A DOLL!

8 comments:

Mackenzie said...

I love the pictures! So pretty. And the model posing is hilarious! She already knows how to work the camera...lucky you!

Nancy said...

Very Texas, and very beautiful. Spring colors are amazing. Good job and enjoying every little bit of it, what an adorable little family.

Juli said...

Oh, gosh, our family had SO MANY photos in bluebonnets growing up! My sister, who hasn't lived in Texas since high school, took her wedding dress down there and had a friend take some bridal pics in bluebonnet fields for her, because she's such a Texan. I LOVED all your pics and it made me miss ya'll BIG TIME. Come visit Washington and lets teach your tiny girl all about Karaoke!

Melanie and Jake said...

Well you are wrong- bluebonnets don't grow everywhere in Texas. I haven't seen a single one here in Lubbock! I love your picuters and wish we had some bluebonnets here.

The Taylors said...

Aw, we miss you guys!

Unknown said...

She is already striking the poses!!! That is so cute! I absolutely love the picture with you holding Annalyn and your both looking at each other smiling, wow!

Kassie N said...

SHERISEE! cute cute pictures. I couldn't help but stalk your blog :) I think I need to start one up. Do you have those graduation pics that jed says I didn't do any PDA in? Can you send them my way? kassie.furniss@gmail.com. Thanks a million Sherisee. Hope you're doing well! :)

Ryan & Keri said...

What a diva! That pic is hilarious! And I LOVE your blue bonnet shots. We never made it out there this year, and I'm feeling really sad about that. Your's turned out gorgeous! You have a beautiful family. Glad you had such a great trip to Idaho.