Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bugs

Each morning Annalyn wakes up very happy, laughing and talking!
This morning she was exceedingly happy because she saw a BUG on the floor.
The earwig was slowly crawling in a random pattern on the floor and Annalyn was FASCINATED!
She wanted down off the couch to watch it more closely, but didn't even try to touch it. She bent down and tried to find it when it went under the coffee table. When it started moving toward her she wanted back up on the couch.

After about 5 minutes, I scooped up the bug on a piece of paper and showed it to her.
"What should we do with the bug Annalyn?"
She took my finger and toddled all the way through the kitchen, the living room, into my bedroom, and finally into the master bathroom where she proceeded to lift the toilet lid and point inside.
I dumped the bug unceremoniously into the water and asked her, "what now?"
She promptly pushed the flusher and waved her little hand "bye bye" as the bug disappeared.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute picture, you can really see her excited happy personality in it!!!
Kaydence is so much different when it comes to bugs, she freaks out when she sees them (mainly flies). She will yell for me to get rid of it if she sees one in the house. Maybe Annalyn could come over and take care of the bugs for Kaydence ;)

Amanda said...

That's an awesome story. I love that she has so much personality already, and so smart!
P.S. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture you have as the header of your blog. So cute!

Harper said...

Sherise, you are so beautiful! All the pictures you have posted are so fun, and Annalyn is a doll. Please tell Travis "hello" for me.


~ Terrah Conrad Harper :)

Rebecca said...

How cute!!!

Kathryn said...

I can't believe you let her kill that bug! What kind of a parent are you? Didn't you live in Seattle long enough to learn about tree hugging and the circle of life

you know I'm kidding... I'm constantly getting rid of the bugs in our house.

Annalynn is so cute. I hope you're doing well.

Kathryn said...

I just sat here and looked at your blog for a while. ya'll are great. I miss you and wish we lived next door to ya'll again. I still say that it was a miracle that we were blessed with you and Jake and Melanie to be there when we were there for the internship. I was nervous about going to a new place and not knowing anyone. I know Heavenly Father was watching out for us... so you were friends sent from heaven :) (sounds cheesy... but true).

And... the picture of you with your friend on the plane... I swear I know her from BYU. I don't know her name... but yeah... I remember her from somewhere.